Sunday, December 18, 2011

After Winter comes Spring!

I have been so very slacking on the blog updating it's pathetic. My excuse is that I've been anxiously waiting to receive our engagement pictures before writing another post.... and that time has finally come! Daniel and I went out at about 6am on November 12 with our amazing photographer, Brian Shakley. http://www.brianshakley.com/blog/

It was about 30degrees on the bank of the Tennessee River Gorge at sunrise and it was beautiful! But we were freezing. Thinking warm thoughts may have helped the photos appear as though it were a warm fall day, but don't be fooled. We started out the morning at Tennessee River Place, a popular area wedding venue were we are unfortunately not celebrating our nuptuals in the spring. From there we visited some urban backdrops in downtown Chattanooga. Here are a few of our favorites!




















Daniel and I wrote letters to each other on paper lanterns before the shoot. Just some some loving words about why we love each other and memories from the past while we plan for the future! We floated them on a small pond on the property of TRP and Brian photographed them beautifully. We are trying to find a way to display them at our reception, so for those of you who are coming to the wedding, you may see these again.


After the lanters, we did some snuggling. Which is a favorite activity for the 2 of us, so it was a blast. Again, do not be misled by our clothing choices. There is frost on each and every blade of
grass we are sitting among. So. worth. it.




So you might be thinking it sure looks like we smooched all day with a camera following us around. I won't argue with you on that one.


I'm pretty sure this was our photographers favorite spot to shoot. He kept saying how amazing the tree looked with the sun behind and us on the swing. Mark my words, a canvas of this image will hang over our mantle one day.


We are so thankful we had our pictures done. We will treasures these for many years to come!

So besides engagement pictures, lots has been happening in our world. Most exciting in my opinion is Daniel's NEW JOB. About a month ago, Daniel applied for a managment position with Sodexo's competition, Aramark. After 3 interviews with several levels of upper management, and even the possibility of a few more, Daniel received word that he had received the position! I am so proud of him for his hard work and incredible impression on those he interviewed with. He begins training at a downtown Aramark facility tomorrow!

This brings me to another bit of news for the 2 of us. After confirming that Daniel's job will eventually be in a Cleveland, TN facility, we were able to begin our apartment search! We needed to find a place that was convenient for each of us to travel between Chattanooga and the northern city of Cleveland for work... and we found it! A newly renovated apartment complex near Chattanooga's shopping district had our name written all over it. We are ready to move in NOW. But we are patiently waiting for spring. (I wrote patiently hoping that doing so would make it true)

Work, nannying, church, and a few other wedding projects have pretty much been consuming my time lately, and I just have to share a few pictures as proof. I'm so excited about wedding stuff, I want to show everyone everything, but then again I want it to be a surprise on the Big Day. It's a struggle I have.

Here's what we've been working on:



Craigslist windows we painted TEAL to decorate our reception. Behind the favor, guest book, or gift table? We shall see.



Flowergirl headbands I learned how to create on Pinterest. Serious question... how did any bride plan their wedding without Pinterest? It would have been difficult to say the least.

There's so much more I could say, but I really should leave some of it a surprise. Daniel and I are so looking forward to the end of this week. Family, lots of food, a trip the mountains, more food, and over a week off of work!

May you each have a happy and blessed Christmas with your dear loved ones. To those family and friends we cannot see this season, we love you and look forward to seeing you in March!

1 comment:

  1. The photos came out awesome, you guys! We're looking forward to the wedding!

    ReplyDelete