Sunday, October 2, 2011

160 days to go.

So I have officially started the countdown because.... we finally have a date! On March 11, 2012 Daniel and I will be getting married in Chattanooga. We are so excited to finally be nailing down details. The venue and date are confirmed, we chose our menu (and its going to be amazing!) and my dress has been ordered!

We chose our reception venue after a great deal of deliberation, research, and discussion. Daniel and I have been scouring Chattanooga and the surrounding area and settled on a Greek American restaurant in downtown Chatt. Here are a few pictures, but I dont want to give the whole thing away!



We love the brick, dark wood, and rich colors... though adding spring colors to the reds and oranges will be challenging... teal/aqua is what I'm leaning towards.



We have so many fun ideas brewing for the restaurant entryway decor! Pinterest and Etsy are my newest obsessions.

Daniel and I have been working our normal jobs as well as for a temp agency that staffs events in Chattanooga and the surrounding area. We have worked several weddings recently with the cooler weather bringing more business. It has been tiring, but we love being able to work together, meet a variety of wedding vendors, and get some new ideas!

Here are a few things we have seen recently and LOVED.

Adorable paper straws that come in lots of fun colors!




Photo tree for the reception (although this pictures shows the tree with cards). Either engagement pictures of Daniel and I or family pictures to commemorate our loved ones would be fun!

In addition to wedding planning, wait staffing on weekends, church, Bible study, and spending time together :) I picked up a job as a nanny for 2 of the boys who attend my daycare. A challenge and a blessing to get to know these boys and their parents better, the next few months are going to be busy! Daniel and I are looking forward to a trip to our old Virginia stomping grounds and the holidays with our families right around the corner.

Please know we accept any request for tours of our lovely city and would love visitors!
More to follow shortly as we hack away at our lengthy wedding to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment